۱۳۹۳ اردیبهشت ۲۷, شنبه

Hey babe, do you need a ride?

My friends and I decided to go for shopping in downtown. The weather was warm, but cloudy. It was my third time going to Mall of NH, and we three were new in the area. My friend Khine just came to the U.S two weeks ago, but she is smart, and her smart phone makes everything a lot easier.

People do not recognize my nationality at all without asking. Sometimes, it surprises people when I tell them that I am from Afghanistan. My two other Afghans friends look somehow like Indian and Arabic girls, but Afghan easily recognize them. I look more like Thailandi girls and Philippines.

We took the city bus, went to the mall, but I needed to buy some dishes to use in my dormitory. It was about 10 minutes walk to the grocery store, but the rain made it more longer because I needed on sidewalks. When I arrived to the main road, there was no one walking around, but many cars. Some played loud music, some were honking their car's horn repetitively and some were waiting patiently, but some...

Hey babe, do you need a ride? A guy with long strange beard
Hey babe, do you need a ride? A guy with curly hair, listening to a loud music
Hey babe, do you need a ride? A guy with blond hair
Hey babe, do you need a ride? A guy with a heavy accent
.
.
.
It was a sentence that I heard over and over from different people in that 10 minutes walk. Once I felt that I was walking on a crowded street in Kabul, but no, it was South Willow Street in NH.   

هیچ نظری موجود نیست:

ارسال یک نظر